5 years ago
June 2, 2008
Poor little Ace!
So we went up to Boise Friday night with Lance's sister Kandra and her family to go do temple work with his aunt and uncle and cousins. Since we were coming back Saturday afternoon we opted to just leave Ace at home and have one of our friends come and let him out and feed him and such. The temple was lovely as always and it was great spending time with family! Thanks again Tim & Katie for the BBQ at your house! (Lance's side Tim & Katie btw, since some of you know my brother Tim also married a Katie, just so people don't get confused) Their little boy Marcus was so cute with Sydnee, holding her and giving her hugs. Unfortunately my camera was out of batteries. So you don't get to see it, just to be told that it was cute! So with all those fun times we also got some not so fun news. Our friend called that morning to tell us she discovered when she went to let Ace out in the morning that he had a not so fun night. I guess he had the runs which he got on his bed and then proceeded to jump the baby gate (we keep him in the laundry room at night, blocked in) and made a not so pleasant mess all over our living room carpet. Did he go on the linoleum at all, no! Just the carpet. Ace has never jumped the gate before and is always very good about staying put during the night so it was kind of surprising. The only thing we can figure is the poor little guy felt so yucky and was trying so hard not to go inside (he hasn't had an accident inside for a long time) and jumped the gate in search of us. Probably thinking, "where are you?! I need to go out?!" We weren't mad at him, cause how can you be mad at somebody for being sick. I felt completely awful for our friend thought who cleaned it up for us. What a great gift for being so nice and watching Ace for us! Needless to say we owe her big time! When we got home it stunk and was still gross looking (our friend hadn't scrubbed to much since she didn't know what we liked to use, which was fine by me. I would've felt worse if she'd done that). I pulled out our spot cleaner and scrubbed and scrubbed. It came out pretty good except in a few spots that you can still kind of see. So does anybody have any amazing products they like for getting carpet stains out? I'd really like the stain to be ALL gone, so please help if you have suggestions!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Poor puppy!! I hope he's doing better. But yay that you had a good trip!
I'm afraid I am no help with the spot cleaning! I have mastered clothing, but not carpet. Hope Ace is feeling better! And good luck with that. By the way, happy anniversary, sorry I missed it earlier!
I hope Ace is feeling better. I can hear Paige saying, "Poor, Ace. Is your tummy feeling better, Ace?" As for cleaning the stain. Oxy clean might do the trick. We have some "animal mess" cleaner here that we got for letting a vacuum cleaner salesman demo at our house. It works really well. Just not sure how to get it to you. I'm glad your trip to Boise was fun, though.
Post a Comment