5 years ago
June 15, 2008
A Happy End
So a few weeks ago we found this brand new little kitten hiding under our lawn mower on the side of the house. When I say brand new I mean eyes not even open yet. It was so tiny and cute except for the guck it had all over his eyes. Obviously a sick little kitty! The animal shelter was already closed for the night and I was getting ready to leave for work so we put it in the garage to at least keep it warm and hoped for the best. I was very worried since it had probably been a long time since it had eaten anything. But this video is Ace's reaction to the kitty. He is use to them running, at which points he chases them and absolutely loves doing it! Well this kitty threw him for a loop because it would just walk towards him trying to make a friend. I guess Ace must have smelled more like a cat than we do or something. :) Ace didn't know what to do with a cat who wasn't running but instead coming towards him. He would start to back up and just look at us with this quizzical expression but quickly looking back to the kitty to make sure it wasn't getting to close. It was quite hilarious! This video doesn't show his reaction the best since I think he had started to kind of get use to it and the "odd" reactions to him.
Anywho, in the morning, when I got home from work, much to my relief the kitty was still alive so I was able to drop it off at the shelter. There's a couple of my young women who work their so I asked one of them a couple weeks later what happened to the poor little kitty (I had also called and bugged them the night I found the kitten to ask what to do with it. I was very worried it wouldn't make it through the night because she said they needed to be fed every few hours). She said it had been taken in by one of the shelters "foster parents" until it got better and got bigger. She also said it would be up for adoption soon. I was very glad to hear there was a happy end for the kitten. Lance found my reactions of worrying about the kitten quite silly but of course, for those who know him, know that he hates cats so you can't expect much love from him towards the feline species.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
what a cute little thing. I am glad to hear that it is doing well.
I am glad to hear that this cute kitty will be put up for adoption. I love how Ace backs away!
Post a Comment