June 28, 2008

Drive-In

So last night we decided to go to the drive-in movies. The last time Lance went was in high school. The last time I went I believe I saw 'Finding Nemo', so it was a while ago too. I have always loved going to drive-ins! The first one I ever remember going to was when I was little with my family. We saw '101 Dalmatians' and 'Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken'. Great Movies! I don't remember if it was when we lived in Vegas or if we had already moved to IF. So last night we packed the truck up with our sleeping bags and lots of pillows and blankets (it's times like this I really wish we had a LoveSac!) and headed over to see 'Kung Fu Panda' and 'Indiana Jones'. We both enjoyed Panda, it was pretty funny and Lance was laughing a lot....for the first part at least. Why you may ask?! Well Lance fell asleep part way through the first one and slept through pretty much all of the 2nd one. Sheesh!!! It's not like he was the one who only had like 4 hours of sleep in the past 42 hours (I worked Thurs night and didn't sleep much when I got home Friday morning, which isn't unusual on my last day working, so I can sleep that night). So I pretty much watched the movies by myself. Indian Jones was pretty good too, like the other ones except there was one part at the end I didn't like. There was the really random weirdness that happened that just seemed a little out of place for the movie. Oh well! Half-way through Indian Jones I went to see why our stereo wasn't on anymore, I had been noticing for a while that I couldn't hear as well. I woke Lance up and we discovered our battery had died. That whole thing just was weird to me because I've never had that happen when I've gone to the drive in and I've been to quite a few in my years. So after the movie was over we had to have someone help jump start the truck. So for future reference does anyone have any suggestions how to prevent such from occurring?

7 comments:

The Wessman Family said...

We went to the drive in with your parents last night too! Saw Wall-E. The second show was Prince Caspian, but your mom was the only one brave enough to stay! (We had two cars.) Don't know what to say about the battery:(

The Cook Clan said...

How funny. That stinks that your car died. We have had that happen to us too. Hey are you guys both from I.F.? Scott and I are both from around there. Crazy huh?

Boyd Fam said...

I'm glad you had fun! Thanks again for all your help!! I've never had that happen... not sure!

Brian Adair Fam said...

I'm glad you guys were able to go to the drive-in movies! It sounds like a great place to catch up on some needed sleep. :0) I heard the same thing about the Indiana Jones movie. We just saw Iron Man and liked it a lot! Too bad about the battery dying. Not sure what to tell you about that one!

The Bailey's said...

sounds like fun! you got a good memory. it is usually me who is sound asleep, and eric is bored to watch it alone.

Tammy said...

How fun. I haven't been to a drive in for a long time. We sometimes take a boom box with us instead of using the radio in the car.

Tammy said...

PS like you blog back ground and what are the time frames underneath everyone's names?