
So yesterday we celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe it's already been two years. It was my turn to plan our anniversary this year (we switch of who plans each year with our anniversary and Valentine's day, it's work very well and as I remember we stole the idea from Keith & Julie. Thanks guys!) So I decided since we'd been having such nice weather that we should go camping. We never really went last summer and I wanted to start the summer out right and actually go instead of saying will go sometime. So we went up to the South Hills, about 30 mins from our home. Which ended up being a very good thing but I'll get into that in a minute. So we found a nice little camp spot by a stream up there and started the fire going for our tin foil dinners and setting the tent up. So I realized as Lance was blowing up the air mattress that I didn't recall seeing our sleeping bags in our box with the the other camping stuff. So I sweetly asked Lance were they were, needless to say we realized they were sitting on a shelf in our back bedroom. As we had nothing to sleep with other than pillows and the clothes we brought we decided I'd make the drive back home to get them after dinner. Other than that the weekend was great, just a little eventful! Saturday morning we went on a hike. We started out on a trail near our camp ground. This picture of Ace shows him trying to get around Lance.

We learned he has to be the leader or it drives him crazy! He'll get behind Lance after he stop to smell the flowers or chase the poor rock chucks (we came across two but they got in their holes before Ace got to close). Then he continues to try and squeeze his way past Lance to the front. I found it all very hilarious! It reminded me of Lance when he's driving and trying to pass somebody in lots of traffic, poking out to look forward over and over again and then making a break for it when you have a chance. They are two peas in a pod in many ways!! Ace is such a daddy's boy! The only difference between their passing is that most the time Ace would still end up behind Lance when he'd make the break away to the front. Not because Lance wouldn't let him but just because Ace would go up around on the hill and turn back to the path too soon. It was funny! Anywho, we ended up turning around and going back because that path was wide open with no trees and it was getting pretty hot. So we drove down the road until we reached a trail called Ross Falls. Anything with "falls" in the name sure sounds more promising to me. It ended up being really short but the waterfall was pretty with all the spring run off coming down. Lance is King of the Rock!

I'm also posting a video of Ace because our nieces and nephews love seeing "Baby Ace" as Paige calls him. This is just down from the waterfall.
Monday after Lance got back from work we were going to go to one of our favorite restaurants here, the Garden Cafe. Highly recommend it to anyone if your in town! Unfortunately we forgot that they're not open for dinner on Monday nights so we went to Pita Pitt instead. It actually worked out better since we were running a little late because we were going to see Prince Caspian at 7:45. The movie was good, better than the first one. Lance liked it a lot better than the first one. I'm not sure yet how I feel about some of the editions they wrote in...
Tonight I got put on call for work so we went to Garden Cafe tonight. It was very delicious!!! Then we came home and watched American Idol that I had recorded, go Archy!!
So all in all we had a fun celebration of our two years together! I love you Lancey!!!
4 comments:
Congratulations! Time sure does fly. Sounds like you guys had fun- I totally had to google what a rock chuck was! I don't think I've ever heard that term before. I cannot wait to see Prince Caspian- I loved the first one. I'm glad you liked it. Congrats again!
Sounds like a good way to spend your anniversary! Congratulations on your 2 years!
Happy 2nd anniversary you two! And what a fun what to celebrate, I love camping! Good work on the planning Bekah!
It is not amazing how fast time seems to go by. I am glad tha tyou had such a great time for your anniversary! I may have to adopt the every other year planning too. What a great idea. I love the picture of the two of you.
Post a Comment