5 years ago
March 2, 2010
Need some opinions
So we're looking for a hiking/carrying backpack for Carter but not sure what's a good one or where to find one. Anyone have one they like? Where did you get it? The ones I've seen online in stores are expensive. We'd appreciate your hints and advice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Recently my mom got me a Belle Baby carrier and I am loving it because it's super comfortable and easy to put on by myself. However, we found one on sale at Babies R Us in a dark corner for only $30, and normally they run $80-$100, and that's too expensive for me. So, I don't know how helpful my comment is. :) http://www.bellebabycarriers.com/detail_cappuccino.html
When Lincoln was smaller (he's 20 lbs now..) I loved carrying him in a Baby Bjorn... they are expensive though. I found quite a few at Kid-to-Kid if you have one of those near you.
Kelty kid carrier's are made for hiking so check craigslist to get one for cheap. I saw one a few months ago on it.
Yeah, whatever you choose, definitely check ebay and craigslist first. We have a Deuter and found it at a garage sale for $50 in nearly perfect condition. I prefer this one over the Kelty's because it is lighter in weight and and the cargo pocket isn't so enormous that you stuff it with EVERYTHING which defeats the purpose of having a lightweight backpack...because when you've got a nearly 2-year-old on your back, the last thing you need is a heavy backpack. And DON'T be tempted by the backpacks that morph into strollers. Unnecessary bulk. Whew...I can be so longwinded. Sorry bout that;)
http://www.patapum.com/
Oh, I also have a Patapum which I LOVE for shopping and walks through the woods. Worth every penny. And it would be totally appropriate for a hike that is about 2-4 hours. I used it for Emmie and now Kai is getting to know it pretty well. I seriously love it.
Post a Comment