5 years ago
March 3, 2010
Check your rubber duckies
So I was watching the today show this morning and there was a little bit of a startling story on bath toys and germs. I'd advise checking it out here.
Main point - they found E-Coli, Staph and all kinds of bacteria growing in and on the toys, especially the toys that squirt water out and have holes in them because the water can't drain out completely and sits inside and just grows yucky nasty stuff. Just thought I'd pass along the info to you all since most of us don't think about what could be inside bath toys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Just threw mine out; thanks bekah!
Wow! Thank you so much for the info. I think I will be throwing those out right now. My kids will be so sad...
Once you see dark spots.... that's mold!! You can soak them (suck bleach inside the toys) in bleach and it kills and looses the mold and you can squirt the yuck out and let it sit again! Or start over with new ones if you'd really like!
Thanks Bekah! CJ doesn't have bery many for that reason and his get thrown out and replaced on a regular basis!
Post a Comment