March 8, 2010

6 Month Stats

So Carter had his doctors appointment today and he did great! Only cried for a short minute during his shots and then when he had to get some blood drawn (he bruises pretty easily, just like his mama, so the doctor just wanted to make sure there wasn't an underlying problem for it). The rest of the time he was busy smiling and talking at the doctor, the nurse, and everyone who walked past. He would get a little confused when the people walking past him didn't stop and smile back at him. Here's his stats from the office:
  • length: 26 3/4 inches (50th percentile)
  • weight: 16 pounds, 10 oz (just below 50th), also less then what we had guess his weight to be on our scale here at home....I'll have to re-weigh him here at home when he wakes up from his nap, being cute for the doctor wears him out!
  • head: 17 3/4 (75th)
His head was a big jump from the 50th to 75th so to be on the safe side to make sure his head doesn't keep jumping up bigger and bigger I get to measure his head every month and call them in to the office. Carter started out with a longer skinny face like Lance had when he was a baby and seems to be getting more of a big round head from my side of the family. My mom's side of the family has some big round heads and most likely he's just growing into his - so as long as the growth levels out where it is now we'll be good. I'm not worried about it. We also tried some oatmeal cereal yesterday and Carter managed to eat it all! Make a few faces but seems to prefer the taste of that to rice cereal. Now I need to try and get some housework done while the little one sleeps and hope the weather warms up like it's suppose to today so we can go for a walk. One cool dude! Love these pjs! Love this shirt of his! I bought it with the clothes (too many cloths if you ask Lance) right after we found out we were having a boy. So big and strong! He's started trying to push his knees up under him too. Looks like we need to start child proofing our house! We may have a crawler soon! Oh one more thing, yesterday during sacrament meeting Carter decided to projectile puke all over me, my coat, himself, and the pew. Luckily I think he missed the lady sitting next to us and she was nice enough to help me get it kind of cleaned up while Lance took him out. After the meeting I cleaned it up a little better. Oh the joys! At least he wasn't facing back, I'm sure the people sitting behind us wouldn't have appreciated that!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

he is such a doll. i can't wait to see him, soon i hope!

Julie N. said...

I can't believe how big he's getting. They change way too fast! And even though his head might be more round I still think he looks like Lance. I love his cheesy smile!

Christensens said...

I can't believe he's 6 months already!