May 4, 2010

New Tricks

This first picture isn't so fun. Sure Carter is smiling and happy - which bless his little heart (as my grandma would say) he usually is even with his yucky cold he had. If you look close around his nose you'll see some red bloody scabs. Our poor little dude caught something, we're figuring since he was working on teething, and his nose got sore from being wiped. It only bled for the one day and then scabbed over and heeled up pretty quickly once I started lathering it up with various things. Luckily the day after it bled he finally started getting over his cold. He was such a good sport even though he wasn't feeling well and only fussed when it was time to wipe the nose. On to some fun pictures from the last week or so. I went to check on Carter during a nap and found him holding his binky - barely. Most of the time after he wakes up he manages to throw them behind the crib, on the floor, and occasionally in his laundry basket where we have to try and search to where they've gone. We've started at night before we go to bed moving his binky out of his crib if he's no longer using it so he doesn't have it when he wakes up to "play" with. :) It was barely hanging on to his finger. A few minutes later I heard it drop. Crawling towards a destination with great intent in his eyes. Making it! He's loves touching Ace and watching him. He always gets so excited when Ace walks over where he can see him. Ace has continued to be a good sport and never gotten after Carter. When he gets tired of Carter's attention or pestering he just moves away to another spot. It will be interesting to see what Ace decides to do once Carter can follow him...judging from how he reacts to some of our nieces and nephews I'm guessing he'll just be on the move a lot! Our little crawler Our "up to no good" crawler Carter does great standing up with his activity table. I had to run someplace so I asked dad to sit down by him and watch him. A few minutes later Lance asked me to come see what Carter was doing - Dad likes finding new "tricks" for his boy. Standing tall He sits with such a nice straight back

3 comments:

Amy said...

he is so adorable and has the biggest eyes!

Tammy said...

Poor little guy. His nose looks sore. Hopefully he is over the cold and it doens't come back anytime soon! I love his smile...smiles no matter what!

Justin and Kristin said...

I love the pic. of Carter and Ace, it's so sweet! I hope our dogs are that gentle with our little baby!