May 18, 2010

Bit of a Shock

So I'm not sure why I was so stunned by this but I was. Sunday evening before I headed into work Carter was still fussing in his crib. Usually when he's doing this we just need to go in and straighten him back out and give him back his pacifier. Well when I opened the door Sunday I just froze, mouth gaping, and called for Lance to come and see. So Carter was standing up on the side of his crib, first time he's ever done it. The reason I shouldn't have been surprised is because Carter has become quite the pro at standing over the past weekend. He is constantly pulling himself up onto his activity table, using our hands, or his new favorite spot - our coffee table. However, the crib thing still startled me a little. I remember telling Lance, "so it begins." Hopefully it will still be quite a while before he figures out how to climb out! This picture is from this morning. Since Sunday whenever we go in to get him when he wakes up in the morning or from a nap he's standing up. We're thinking it won't be too much longer before he figures out how to walk. Our little jail bird. If you look close you can also see his first tooth which is starting to show pretty good now. We got this shirt from one of my cousins and Lance already had him all dressed and ready by the time I got home from work. What a cute boy to see first thing in the morning! He looked so handsome I wanted to get a picture when we got home....but someone wasn't cooperating. He kept crawling over to the coffee table and standing up. So these are the best I got. He also discovered the garbage can a while back and would constantly tip it over and pull stuff out. So I started keeping it up on the coffee table but it looks like we may have to find a new hiding spot soon. (You can see his tooth again in this picture) And the next morning he was back to his favorite spot. Just a cute picture. The past week and a half or so Carter has been doing much better with eating too. He still makes disgusted faces but manages to swallow most of the food now instead of pushing it out. Carter is certainly a busy BUSY boy! When it's quite he's usually managed to sneak off. This time it was over to his carseat where he was playing with the buckle.

1 comments:

The Wessman Family said...

Fun pictures. He is such a cute and smiley little guy!

In case it is any consolation, neither of my kids has ever successfully climbed out of the crib. (I know that is strange.) I did catch Briton trying to push himself up on the side (don't know if he could've made it over or not) the other day, but luckily I realized that we didn't have the mattress in the lowest position so I was able to solve that very quickly!