April 26, 2009

Weekend in IF

We went to see most of my family (all but my oldest brother and his fam) this past weekend. We got to meet our new little niece. I forgot to take pictures of her on my camera so I'll be posting those later when I get them from my mom. It was so fun getting to see our other little niece Kalyn because we haven't seen her in a while. She is one of the cutest little girls! And she absolutely loved the dogs which was fun to watch. Ace mostly ignored her but every once in a while when he was walking by her he'd sneak a few licks in. We took Ace over to the river to swim one evening. Last summer he absolutely refused to get in the water but this summer he has decided he likes it. He takes a minute the first time trying to figure out how to get down (whining the whole time in typical Ace style) but then he gets the hang of it. It is a great way for him to burn off some energy! My dad has these doors that are a little too small for Ace to go through coming out of one of the doors from the garage. Ace figured out only his head would fit through but would keep sticking it through because mean ol' us wanted to get a picture of it and kept calling him. :) We though he looked so funny! Almost like his head was mounted or something. In case you're wondering the purpose of this small door, at one point, back in the day, they were for birds. My dad use to have an aviary that he raised parakeets and canaries. Now the door is used by my parents cat. One the way back home we stopped to see Lance's sisters and their fams and his parents who were bringing our trailer to us. We took another picture of the three pregos (uh-hem Jami you still need to send me that picture) and I snapped this one of Syd giving her baby a drink. It was too cute! We had such a fun weekend!

2 comments:

The Cook Clan said...

Hey Bekah, thanks so much for your comment on my photography blog. I really appreciate it. I would also love take some maternity ones of you and Lance if you'd like. Don't worry no bare belly if you don't want to. Just let me know. Thanks!

Brandon, Kandra, Sydnee, Dawson and Emery Plott said...

I absolutely love the picture of Ace sticking his head through the little hole! Priceless. If only he new what you were talking about when you put mounting because that would be one scared dog. :o) I love the picture of Syd thank you so much for sending it to me. She is going to be such a little mommy with this baby because she is such a little mommy to everyone elses babys. She is getting way too big too fast!! Thanks and love ya!