April 28, 2009

Pictures of last weekend

So as I said I would, here's some pictures from our weekend up in IF with our new little niece Natalie. And here's picture of both of us on our way to church (my mom loves taking a gazillion pictures when ever we're there). I figured rather than always posting shots of just me to show my growing belly I'd include this one with Lance because I like these pictures of both of us better! Kind of hard to see with the dress but I think you can. This great dress I found at Old Navy (not in their maternity section) and I think I'll be able to wear it for quite a while. We shall see. This last picture is from today. My sis and Natalie stopped by for a little visit today. I was sitting indian style with Natalie on her tummy on my leg and she ended up looking back behind me. It was cute. At one point when I was holding Natalie I mentioned to her that she has some good veins. I guess she didn't like that very much and started crying (Not that she's had any experience with IVs). It was funny. Yes I am weird but I guarantee you if you ever see me holding a newborn I will often "check-out" their veins. Not because I'm planning on poking them but it's a habit. And it's good practice for me to see if I can find some that I think I would be able to hit. Overall when it comes to IVs I'd rather have some tiny preemie anyday than term chubby kids! The chub hids all their veins and since preemies skin is so much thinner it's way easier to see them. However the down side is that they are often more fragile and blow easier but it still seems to me that I'm a lot more successful with getting an IV on the tiny ones. Just a random little tid bit there for you.

3 comments:

The Cook Clan said...

What sweet pics! I bet that just helps you two with the excitment of getting to hold your own soon!

Julie N. said...

Looks like tons of fun! You look so cute! I can't wait to see you guys. Oh and I love the pic below of your little boy. Ultrasound pics are so fun and it looks like he'll be a cutie!

Melissa and Kolby Nebeker said...

She is a beautiful baby. Do you ever get a tear in your eye when you see your baby on Ultrasound or am I just extra weird. I always felt stupid when I had to wipe my eyes after my ultrasound. It's amazing to see how perfect and tiny they are, and they are yours!