May 16, 2011

Pink Eye

Thursday afternoon Carter started getting some gross yellow drainage from his left eye. I immediately thought we had a case of pink eye. First time Carter has ever had it. In the morning however it didn't seem that bad so I didn't call the doctor that morning. This nasty bug proved me wrong when Carter got up from his nap. His left eye was crusty and goopy. So I called the doctor and we got him in that night and left with prescription eye drops to use for the next week. Carter fought and fought putting the eye drops in. It takes Lance and I to hold him while the other person pries open his eye and puts the drops in. The whole time he cries and cries like we're torturing him or something. This should be a fun next week with putting drops in 3 times a day. I didn't get the best picture of his eye. It usually looked much grosser.

0 comments: