5 years ago
July 20, 2010
First haircut
So if you been noticing in the pictures lately, or seen Carter in pictures his hair has been getting long! While it was cute in it's own way, it was getting too long in the back to the point that it was starting to look like a mullet. It also hung down over his ears and if we combed his hair forward it hung down past the bridge of his noise. While it was difficult for me, we did finally try to cut it this past Saturday.
These first two pictures are the before. The one above has a quick funny story with it. The table Carter is behind we have pushed in front of the TV stand door, otherwise he is constantly opening and closing it. Annoying for us but we were more so worried about him slamming his fingers shut, after a few close calls. Well Lance was watching him while I was sleeping and ran out back for a minute. When he came back in Carter had managed to crawl under the door and push himself behind the table so he could reach the door to swing it. We have one determined (and a little too smart for his own good) boy on our hands!
I wanted to get a video and everything of the sentimental moment but it proved tough enough trying to cut his hair with Lance holding him. Carter kept looking up trying to see where the scissors were going and what they were doing and trying to grab them. I managed to wack off the back part of his hair, a little on the sides, and somewhat in the front before we gave up deciding it was good enough for now. I'm thinking about taking him to a lady in our ward who cuts hair to see if she has better luck because my hair cutting job is really bothering me whenever I look at it. I think I could do a good job cutting a little boys hair....if they would stay still. :)
Here's a picture the next day. I think it makes him look too grown up, Lance likes it. This picture is also showing off his cute new shirt we found for him on the clearance rack. He was growing out of most of his more church type shirts so we found a couple more. Doesn't he look so cute in it?! I sure love both my handsome guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
What a little stud!! He's so cute!
That is a funny story, I can't believe he did that!
Good luck with the hair.
Haircuts always make them look older. He's getting so big and grown up. He is handsome though! We're excited to see you guys in a few weeks!
Love the pictures!!! He's getting so big! Miss you guys!!
Post a Comment