July 19, 2010

Past few weeks

A couple weekends ago Carter and I went down to SLC to get together with a lot of my dad's side of the family. Many of my cousins I haven't seen in many years so it was great to see how everyone's family has grown. Carter was going through a, "I want mom all the time" phase which made it a little difficult while my grandma was trying to hold him while I loaded the car up to head home. In the picture below my sister and I took our kids for a walk one of the days we were down there. Natalie loved having someone next to her and kept looking over and reaching over for Carter. Carter held her hand back for a little bit...until I got the camera out. His three teeth (two bottom, one top) are in most of the way. Since getting his top one we notice him chewing on his tongue a lot or grinding his teeth (gives me the chills, I hate that). Carter has become the pro at opening the drawers and cupboards in the kitchen which means plastic containers are scattered all over the floor. We bought some latches to put in so he can't get them open.Once they're out he pushes them all over the kitchen and living room floor. Side note, aren't those cute shorts?! My cousin helped show me how to make them for him and we're loving them! When we were at my parents over the 4th, Carter had lots of fun pushing their kitchen chairs around since they have wheels on them. This strong little guy managed to push them even when I was sitting in one, not too far. It's a good thing we don't have stairs at our house because he'd always be trying to go up them. To say he loves them is an understatement! At the grandparents once he knew where they were he was constantly trying to crawl over to them and climb up them. It didn't matter which room he was in, he remembered where they were and would crawl as fast as he could over to them. One afternoon we went to through the ball for Ace and it was a bit windy...as you can see from Carter's hair. I love my parents backyard and it was nice to have nice grass for Carter to play on (ours is hard). Depending on his mood, he's started to be more daring on the grass. In fact this a couple weekends ago at my aunt and uncles house he was crawling all over it like it was no big deal. Carter's first parade. He mostly liked looking at the people and the flags that were on some of the floats.

0 comments: