June 21, 2010

Latest happenings

I thought I'd post a few of the things Carter has been doing lately so I can remember. A few of them I may have already mentioned, if so, sorry. Carter has been doing quite well with eating solids lately. He really like blueberry's, grapes (I think he could eat them all day if mom's hand's didn't get tired of cutting and peeling them for him), carrots and potatoes. Within the last week he has started walking very well along the couches and chairs. He could stand by himself if he thought about it, sometime he barely has a finger on me when he's standing. He has discovered the joys of doors and gets very upset when we move him away from them because it's time for us to move to a different room. Whenever he's in one of the bedrooms he crawls right over to the door and starts swinging it open and closed. He gets very upset when he closes it a little too hard and he can't get it open again. He loves to talk and babble. He has learned to say "Ace," our dog's name. It will be interesting to see if all dogs become "Ace." He has really started sucking on his hands and fingers a lot. But not his thumb so much it's usually one of his pointer fingers, it's kind of funny! He still loves putting everything thing in his mouth and biting them especially people's fingers and toes if they'll let him, which I wouldn't advise because his two tiny teeth are sharp! Whenever I'm sitting on a chair or the couch with my feet up, he crawls over, stands up wide mouthed, and leans in for my toes. He'll keep trying to get them until I get them clear out of site. A disgusting story I cringe to retell but I guess it will be funnier when he older. Right?! Carter and I were in the kitchen, he was playing on the floor while I was getting some food together for work. I looked down and he was laying on the floor sucking on his hand, or so I thought. At first glance I didn't think to much of it because he often will lie down face first and suck on his hands or arm. As I looked closer however I noticed his mouth was actually sucking on the floor. I told him to stop, thinking "gross, floor", and as I got closer noticed he was actually slurping up water that was on the floor. All fine and dandy except that this water was right by the baby gate. The baby gate that blocks off the laundry room and area where the dog's food is at. Well, Ace sometimes when he's pouting will flick water out of his bowel onto the floor. I immediately gagged, moved Carter (who was not too happy, apparently he likes dog water), and cleaned it up. Better than dog food I guess. And what post would be complete with out some pictures of our cute little guy. Lance's dad, grandpa, and brother stayed last night. Carter sure had fun with them. He especially liked great-grandpa's cane. Carter pushes whatever he can.

0 comments: