August 8, 2009

Heartbeat

So tonight I had a first. It was the first time I was able to hear our baby's heartbeat with my stethoscope. Since stethoscopes aren't as sensitive as Doppler's (what the doctors office uses) it's always kind of iffy if you can pick up the heart beat or not. The baby has to be in just the right spot. I've tried over the last few months every once in a while to see if I can pick it up but never have been able to. Tonight was the perfect night for the little guy to decided to cooperate because he's had me a little worried all day. He's wasn't as active as he usually is all afternoon (of course I didn't wake up until 11:30, I've been a bit tired) so I was downing the water to make sure I was plenty hydrated and paying close attention to him. No worries though because this evening he has been plenty active. I'm thinking he's just getting a little cramped since he's growing so much these last few weeks. I am definitely feeling like he is pushed against me to the max. I wasn't hearing anything at first as I was moving my stethoscope around to different spots and then after stopping on one spot for a minute he suddenly moved into the perfect spot so I could hear his glorious heartbeat, beating soundly and strong at around 160 beats per minute. He stayed there for a couple minutes for me to hear and then started moving and flipping all over and I lost his heartbeat. He made mommy very happy tonight! :) Lance wasn't here so he didn't get to hear it so we'll have to try again tomorrow. We've been staying pretty busy with baby showers and getting everything ready for the baby's arrival so I have plenty of pictures and things I need to post but I have been feeling so tired and not gotten around to posting any of them. I'll try to in the next few days but we shall see. It's crazy knowing he could be here in just a few weeks!

3 comments:

The Bailey's said...

yeah that is so exciting. cant wait for you guys! Hey we need a side profile! I am sure you are just darling prego!

Tammy said...

Can't wait to see more pictures! How cool to hear his heart beat. I hope you find it serveal more times! I love the fence it looks great and the ultra sound picture is amazing! So sad I didn't make the baby shower but I have some books for you! I will get to you sometime! Love you guys!

The Cook Clan said...

That is so cool! I'm so excited for you guys! It makes me want another little one. Give me a ring so I can come visit ya before you have your kiddo and give you your gift.