
So Lance has been wanting me to go golfing with him for a while now. And when I say "go golfing" that means he's golfing and I'm watching. (He has a tournament this weekend that his boss is sponsoring and he decided to put Lance on the team. I think this is part of the reason he has been going so much in the past couple of months to try and improve his skills.) Anywho, my extent of golfing consists of going to the driving range and getting tired of that after about 20 mins because my hands start hurting or something and miniature golfing which I know doesn't really count. I do have to admit thought I discovered Monday night a new love in the game of golf, driving the golf cart, especially when there are sprinklers around... So the first little while I really enjoyed watching him and we had fun talking and such. By the ~13th hole I was getting a little cold and hungry which some way must also have an impact on my maturity. It was around that time I took over all of the driving of the cart. Driving between holes I started looking for a "fun" little path with little hills to bounce over or trees to go between and such. Lance got a little tired of me weaving in and out of the trees and tried to steal control of the cart back from me. On our way to one hole there was a huge sprinkler on that was going to cross our pass (well cross it if I went out of the way just a tiny bit!) So I preceded to drive over to it enough that Lance would get wet and I would not. When Lance realized what I was doing, it was a little to late except to try and steer me in as well, so I got a little wet but not nearly as wet as he did. HEHEHE! :) He then pinched my wrist in protest (sheesh! how mature?!?) and told me he didn't deserve that. (I told him his mom and sisters would all agree that he deserved it!) The truth of the matter is, I know if he was driving he would have done the same thing to me, so he was just jealous he didn't think of it first! So as you could've guessed that was the highlight of my evening, having fun picking on Lancey a little! Lance's was making it in the 40's on the back 9. The only thing I didn't like is that they make you pay even for just a rider in the golf cart. But I guess with the way I was driving maybe the idea isn't totally unfair...
5 comments:
Ahh!! you are such a nice wife... I refuse to go golfing... but maybe I should so I can get him wet!! Only I know andy would haul me over to the sprinkler and sit me in it or something MEAN! lol!!
We miss you guys so much! Nobody lives close to hang out with! boo!!! I don't remember why we went to breakfast either. hmm... I'll have to think about that one! I'm glad that we have friends like you guys!! But we need to do more stuff together that is for sure! Let us know when you are going to be around!! love ya!!
Okay I am so with you on the golf thing. I hate golfing but I love friving the cart! I too find the hills, trees, and puddles to go through. I have never been on the coarse when the sprinkler have been on or I would have attempted your trick. Tell Lance that he totally deserved to get wet... I am sure after the 9th hole he was a bit over heated and I would have thought that nice cool water would have felt refreshing giving him that extra little to get through the last holes. :)
i have been wanting brad to take me golfing with him, but he would rather go with 'seasoned' golfters i think. now i have to wait till spring to go... i still need to experience driving the golf cart. glad you were able to find some fun in it all!
Sounds like a fun little date!
You are so funny. What a fun date, maybe not the watching him golf part but the enjoying time with your husband part.
Post a Comment