August 7, 2008

The Audacity!!

So many of you who have been reading our blog from the start remember my little updates on our neighbor kids. People still ask us if our strange neighbor kids have been at it again. We have responded no, that it seems they got the message. If you don't know what I'm talking about, please feel free to read my previous posts, "Neighbors" & "Crazy neighbor girls from nextdoor part 2". So I've been thinking for a while about putting a little update to let all you curious people know that there hasn't been anymore climbing on the house or crazy stuff like that. I just never got around to doing it. Now I can see why I didn't do it. My subliminal was taking over for me or something..... That's right people, it happened again! So the evening we got back from Oregon I was in the bathroom when I heard this strange thundering sound, a familiar sound but I couldn't quite place it. After I few seconds my eyes opened wide as I realized why it was so distantly familiar, "You've GOT to be kidding me!" I seriously did yell at the wall in shock (Lance was on his way to Wyoming to pick up Ace). So I went to look out the window and sure enough the girls were on our shed, by the sound I heard, I knew they had been up on our roof. Words cannot describe how ticked off I was!!! I flung the back door open and probably glared at them a little to harshly. And managed as much niceness as I could to tell them that we'd told them before to stay off our roof because we didn't want them getting hurt. So using this opportunity, like I'd wished I had the second time this happened, I put my shoes on and marched over to their house to inform their mother. I rang the door and surprisingly enough the girl from across the street answered it, with the culprits mother right behind across the street girl. The mother acted like she was in shock and had know idea that her girls had been climbing on our roof. She thanked me for telling her and her and her man or whoever he is, went out to the backyard to scold them or something. The across the street girl was still at the door and dumbly told me, "well they're off now?!" (So she had been back their witnessing...) I looked down at her rather shocked and said, "yea, 'cause I told them to get off!" And with that I turned for home, still a little stunned about the audacity of the whole thing but at the same time feeling rather victorious about "tattling" on them to their mom. Mature, I know! :)

4 comments:

♥ kimberly said...

Kids these days...that's crazy! I hope you dont have any more problems with them!

Tammy said...

Crazy! I am glad you told on them....maybe now thier mom will watch them a bit more. Lets hope it works!

Amy said...

good for you!!! i would of loved to see you all fired up. i'm glad you spoke to their mother- and hopefully she'll teach her kids some manners now!

Christie said...

Bekah -
I must say, I would have loved to have seen you when you marched over there and said all of that. That is insane though! Good job on following through with what you wanted to do earlier.