August 8, 2008

Youth Cultural Celebration Concert

So Weds was the first big practice at the Fairgrounds with ALL of the stakes involved. There were a lot of people there!! The estimated about 4000 youth or so. After the running through things, they'd arranged a concert for the youth. Alex Boye came and did a very good job. I took some videos for my MIL because she really likes him and was a wee bit jealous that we got to see him. :) He did some of his own songs as well as some of the "good songs from the radio" (he called them something like that) the kids know. He was very entertaining and I bet he'd be even better if he wasn't confined to the back of the trailer. Eventually most of the kids ended up right in front in the dirt. For the actual performance on the 23rd there's going to be a stage and everything for the youth so the don't have to dance around in the dust. I'll have to remember to get some pics of it that night. There were a lot of dirt clouds at this practice!! It should be pretty cool!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Bekah Lond won't take the binky/pacifier so what should I do to make sure her ears clear? I don't want her to be in pain :(

Rachel said...

Ok, thanks Bekah for the reminder. Our flight is at 8am so I probably would have let her sleep but I won't now.