5 years ago
July 14, 2008
Challis's Hogle Zoo Day
It was our niece Challis's Birthday on Saturday and she's been wanting to go to the zoo for a long time now, so the family made a trip to Hogle Zoo. It was so much fun having everyone there! I haven't been in quite a while and always loved going there when I was little. It's been way longer since Lance has gone. So here's a little picture story of what we did.
Lance with the spider monkeys.

This year they have a white alligator there which was very cool! They are very rare because they're white which equals easy targets and since they don't have any pigment in their skin the sun damages their skin easily.
Lance and I with the elephants, on of my favorite animals at the zoo.
Here's one of the giraffe's. I've always loved them!
The baby giraffe bending down for a snack.
Lance's dad taking a snooze while the kids were on the carousel.
Riding the train, which they make you pay to ride now. It was always free when I was growing up!
Some of the kids cooling off after a long hot day!
I found it very interesting reading on their web site about the zoo's history and how it became what it is today. It includes snippets of the favorite animals over the years, including Shasta the liger. So if you've been to this zoo and have a minute I recommend the reading, it was interesting to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Looks like fun!! Miss you guys!
That looks like so much fun! I love going to the Hogle Zoo. I went there lots growing up. We have taken the neices and nephews a couple of times but I'd love to take Mckenna there. I think she would enjoy all the animals.
Post a Comment