June 7, 2011

Favorite Moments

I love when Carter does something or says something I don't expect. It makes one of those favorite happy moments of being a mom. Today I was in the kitchen and he pushed a truck he has over in the kitchen by me. He had put a bunch of his animals in the back of the truck and was giving them a ride. Maybe it's just me but I just found it so cute. Of course the camera came out! Another day, some of the animals found themselves in a plastic bag. He loves playing with the animals. This picture with his binky reminds me of another story. We are trying to take it away from Carter. As is, he has only been using it during naps and bed time for a long time but we're working on weening him off it. I admit that I have a hard time on the days that I just got off work and my sleep time is during his nap time. He takes longer naps when he has it, so it's harder for me not to give it to him on these days. This boy seems to have a secret stash of them somewhere because we'll turn around and he'll have one in his mouth. The other day I got out of the shower and it was quite. The bedroom doors were closed, so I checked in there, no Carter. I went out to the living room and Carter was lying on the floor with his blankies, binky in mouth. The funny things about this binky, he'd never used it before, it was brand new. It also was in it's packaging, in a closed tote in his room. Apparently he'd found it while I was in the shower and figured out how to rip it out of the packaging. He is really not liking the no more binkies plan!

0 comments: