5 years ago
April 14, 2011
Time-out
I'm taking a little break from our D.C. trip to post about Carter's first week of time-out. We've been talking about doing it for a while and decided that he was getting old enough to understand. He also has been starting to hit a lot and keeps doing things when we tell him not to, so we figured it was a good time. The first day he got put in time-out because he kept hitting me. I had warned him if he did it again he'd be going in time-out. When he did it again and I picked him up and took him to his little chair in the corner he just started crying and crying. He only got off twice, which I just picked him back up and put him back in the chair. After his minute he was done and I got him down. He then decided to go back over to the chair and climb into it himself. Funny boy! Since that first time he hasn't tried getting down at all once we put him in the chair but still continues to cry a lot of the time. Hopefully it will start getting through to him and it will decrease some of the hitting and other not so pleasant behaviors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
We have been doing time out with Ethan over the last few months and he fights it but I think it has made a difference. Except when it comes to playing in the garbage. No threat, action of time out is helping. Speaking of which CJ just came in and told me he is emptying the trash as I typing...off to take care of it!
Post a Comment