5 years ago
February 3, 2011
Picture Update
I had some pictures in my folder to be uploaded to the blog in January that I never got on here. So here they are a little late. The end of January starts with the first picture and it gets earlier on down.
I had wanted to find a broom for him at Christmas and had no luck. I finally made it into King's to look and found one. YEAH!! Carter loves having a broom. This picture also shows his haircut we did. We decided to try cutting it at home again and just buzzed it. My mom and I tried and he did well while I cut the top, sat perfectly still listening to the buzzing but wasn't cooperating on the sides so we had to do some touch-ups once dad was home and we had another pair of hands.
Carter has fallen asleep quite a few times now in his high chair. This one was on a day during lunch before nap time. This was also the day after he did not take a good nap. Just take a good nap buddy!!! I wish he would believe me! He really is most of the time a good napper still and is usually asleep for 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hours after lunch. I really hope he continues to be a good napper because it sure helps when I'm trying take a nap before my first night back to work.
I had the stool out putting some things away and Carter had a grand time climbing up and down it. It took him a while to get the courage to climb clear to the top. He was so proud of himself. He even managed not to fall off which I was really proud of!
He also discovered it works well as a table top.
Ahhh he loves me! I actually got ready for the day and had Lance snap a picture of me and my little guy since I usually don't get pictures with me in them. I know what you are thinking because I hear it all the time, yes he is getting big and looks huge when I hold him.
Carter loves to cause mischief, I mean find new things to do, in his bedroom. One day he came out with all his dirty socks from the hamper in this bucket.
Another thing he loves to do in his room is take the diaper out of the cupboard and carry them all over the room. I was pleasantly surprised one day when I found he had instead piled them all on the foot stool. He also likes to pull his clothes out of the drawers however, for some reason, usually just his pajamas and sock. We are still working on the putting things away but he has gotten a little better and will usually help me put a couple of diapers back away now.
Carter had had so much fun with the animals and people from his Little People Nativity. He loves grouping them all together in places. I really want to get him another set, like a farm or something.
He also likes to put them in things, especially the stable.
I loves these red shoes! Sadly I accepted one day that they were scrunching all his toes. I had to get one more picture of them before putting them away. On to size 5 shoes! Carter usually only has his pacifier when he's sleeping, unless like this day he manages to find one somewhere.
Carter loves using his spoon. He is getting pretty good with it but still makes a mess. Especially when he insists on holding the bowl too. He is also doing pretty well drinking from a cup but only if there's only a little bit in it. If there's a lot that comes out it seems to surprise him and it all ends up down his front, on the floor, and sometimes soaking my socks.
If the chairs are just right Carter can sometimes climb up onto our kitchen chairs now. He does really well climbing up into his high chair and usually just needs a little help. It's so funny to see how excited and proud he is when he does it.
We have been lucky in that Carter loves drinking his water. Sometimes even carrying two around. I love having a child that cooperates with the rule of milk during meals and water in between. We want to prevent that tooth decay after all! :)
Our silly climbing boy. If you ever come over to see us you can expect when you leave to see Carter up in the window watching you leave.
This awesome truck is one I remember playing with at my grandma's house. Carter loves playing with it too.
I just though Carter looked especially handsome this day.
Carter loves his little puppy and looks so sweet in one of the onesies aunt Kandra had made for his birthday. I can't believe he still fits them!
He climbs into whatever he can. However when this is in the car and he has to be buckled in he is not so cooperative. Carter has gotten so bad about being buckled in his carseat and fights us, kicking and screaming, almost ever time.
Carter enjoying one of his favorite treats, gingersnaps.
He loves to carry things around and tries to get as many things in his hand as he can. There a little updated in pictures of our month of January. I'm going to try and get back at being better about posting as I go along!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment