December 31, 2010

Birthday

Last week I had my 26th Birthday. I know it's not "old" by any means but for some reason when I say I'm 26 it makes me feel more like an adult than 25 did. Maybe because I'm now closer to 30 than 20. Crazy thought! I was scheduled to work the 22nd - 24th so I wasn't planning on having a very exciting birthday. It was nice I at least got put on-call on the 22nd, like I had asked for, so that I didn't have to spend most of birthday sleeping. Lance ended up working so it was just Carter and me for most of the day. Carter started the day out with a reality check of how unglamorous adults birthday's are. First thing he had a huge poopy diaper and had a couple more through the day. This wouldn't be a huge deal except that with Carter's sensitive skin, lately his bum has been really sore every time he poops and so it is always a battle with him trying to change his diaper. Lance made a yummy steak dinner with baked potatoes and salad that we ate before I had to go to work. He got me a new wallet like I had wanted, since my old one's zippers were splitting out, not to mention I think I've had it since high school and it doesn't look very adult like. :) I wanted an ice cream cake this year, so he picked up a very yummy chocolate and peppermint one from Cold Stone. It was a low key but great birthday with my two favorite guys.

4 comments:

Meg said...

Happy birthday, you old thing you!

The Wessman Family said...

Love the star balancing on your head since it was your day to be the star!

Rachel said...

The cake sounds yummy! And 26 does seem older than 25 for sure! Glad you had a good day. Miss you like always!

Auntie Em, Wooster and Grub said...

Try being my age. Talk about feeling old!