5 years ago
December 25, 2010
Merry Christmas to All
I had to work Christmas Eve night and since Carter still doesn't really understand the whole Christmas festivities I got to come home and sleep for a few hours before we had our Christmas morning. I don't think I'll ever be able to get away with that again. We stayed home this year and had a low key and fun time together. Below is our Christmas in pictures. We start with Carter checking out the stockings.
Carter didn't really understand the unwrapping part. He would sometimes help when we got started taking off the paper. He enjoyed the few presents I had put in gift sacks, he knew just what to do with those. After we unwrapped a gift he was excited to see what was inside. He got a lot of books, which he loves. Every time he would pick up the book, carry it over to one of us, and plop down on our laps to read it. Needless to say it took a while to go through presents since Carter didn't understand there were more. This picture is an action shot of him bringing a book over to read.
Reading a book with dad.
Reading another book.
Look what Carter got for his daddy, a book, appropriately titled "I love my daddy."
Carter had fun walking on the pile of paper. One of the dinosaurs we got for him is helping him.
This picture doesn't show it but as we unwrapped this gift Carter got so excited when he saw it was a plastic tote. He loves playing with these when he finds them in our house.
He was even more excited when he discovered what was inside. Grandpa N had made him some blocks. Lance is talking to his parents in the background.
Later in the day, Carter enjoying his pile of books.
Stacking some blocks with mom.
Here are the three of us. Just don't look at me, I worked all the night before remember!
A few days later I got Carter's presents set up to take a picture. This is one of the only pictures he was actually sitting in. He loves his puppy I found for him. He has been having so much fun with all his books, his hammering bench, the nativity set, play tent, dinosaurs, and blocks. I got him some picture and word flashcards that we have yet to break out. One of Lance's sisters got him the monkey which laughs when you push his foot. Carter was scared to death of it the first couple of days and would only poke it with one finger then back away quickly.
After a few pictures I remembered I forgot to put Grandpa's blocks in the picture. However Carter was not so willing to pose for many more pictures.
A few days after Christmas we set up the tent my parents got him. He has been having fun sitting in it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment