December 9, 2008

Past few weeks

So I realize I haven't posted in almost a month, sorry! We had kind of an extended Thanksgiving holiday. We started out in WY with Lance's family and had some yummy food and fun times. I don't have too many pictures (Jami, you need to send me the ones you got!) But I'm posting a couple with some of our nieces, nephews. The girls were able to make these cute Christmas countdown signs. I love always having fun projects that my MIL puts together for us! Here's mine but I still need to find some letter stickers I like to make the "days 'til" part on the tag. We were also able to see my family on our way down to our trip to Vegas and get a family picture which was good. So we won a trip to Las Vegas, Lance won from a drawing at a sporting good show at the beginning of the year. The hotel that was included ended up being the same one we had stayed at for our honeymoon which we liked because it's a very nice one but a few miles down from the strip so it's not so noisy! We went bowling there (we won't say who won both games) which was tons of fun! My favorite part is always the Bellagio fountains and gardens. The gardens while we were there consisted of backhoes and other large machinery....they were in the middle of re-doing it. I was sad about that. So we waited and waited out front to see the fountains and they never came on. So we figured well maybe they didn't start them until later. (These two pictures are of us waiting)We went to lunch at Planet Hollywood (had $40 for there from our package). The food was pretty good but over priced in our opinion, which was good that we didn't have to pay for it. Lance had the philly steak & cheese sandwich and I had the chicken avocado and swiss sandwich. I really liked mine but they were both about $14 which I think is kind of lame-o price for sandwiches but whatever, like I said we didn't have to pay for them. We even got dessert since we had money to use which we usually don't do. We both enjoyed the brownie with hot fudge and ice cream! Later that evening we went to the Cirque du Soleil show Mystere. It was very good and we both would recommend it! We got a great deal on tickets (thanks to my aunt and uncle for picking them up for us!) and were only four rows back. If you're curious about what's in the show you can do some searches on youtube.com and find some good videos. If you click on Mystere above it also will take you to the website where there's a trailer. After the show we had success in seeing the fountains!! I made Lance stay for an hour so I could see a few of them. By the end of our trip I think we saw 5 1/2 of them. It was fun because they had a couple set to Christmas Music. The next day we saw the Mac King Comedy magic show since the tickets were in our package also. It ended up being better than I expected. It was pretty funny and clean. After we went to In-N-Out Burger. Yummy!! I'd been before years ago but Lance never had so I decided to treat him to the experience. We both very much enjoyed our burgers! We were also able to meet up with my old roomie Kara & Clay and their adorable little boy Nixon (he has the funniest laugh in the world!) It was so great to see them because we haven't seen them since their reception a couple years ago. We also saw my aunt and uncle who live in Vegas and went to dinner with them which was very nice! They have 3 little dachshunds and Lance has never gotten to meet their pouches before. They were all fun to play with. They sure looked teeny tiny compared to Ace. We also made a trip up to the temple with my aunt right before we headed out of town. It was very nice to be able to get away for a bit and enjoy some time together. The drive home was really long since we had to make a stop in WY to pick up Ace (Lance's parents were great and watched him while we went to Vegas). Lance drove almost the entire way but I finished the last few hours to home. So that's a little of what we've been up to the last few weeks. Now we're back just working and I'm trying to get my house cleaned, Christmas decorations out and finish up on some Christmas gifts.

6 comments:

Amy said...

What a fun trip- especially it being for free! And can I just say how incredibly jealous I am that you got to go to In-N-Out!!! I'm craving it so bad- I always do!! Glad you had fun!

Unknown said...

Oh it was so good to see you guys too-thanks for making the trip over to see us! ANd I'm happy you got to see the fountains and go to In-n-out!

You emailed me to ask if I knew "someone" and I don't know them. Sorry, can't give you any dirt! :)

The Cook Clan said...

Holy crap you guys have been busy!!! I'm so jealous. I love that Christmas countdown! Can you show me how to make me one...please, please, please????

Tammy said...

Busy time but fun at the same time. Love the pictures and glad to hear from you again.

Rachel said...

Wow that sounds like so much fun! Look at all the things you can do without kids! I've been stuck in my house all week with teething London so your trip sounds amazing to me since going to get the mail is an "outing". Love you and thanks again for the B-Day card!

The Bailey's said...

Oh I am so jealous! How fun, Eric and I went on our honeymoon to Vegas too! You and lance are just sooooo cute together