
This year we spent Christmas in St. George at my parent's new place. One of my brothers and his family were also able to be there. It was a little treacherous on the drive down but not to bad on the way back other than the pass was still closed so we had to go around the other way. One of the worst things that happened on the way down on the interstate was right around Orem area. We were in the lane right next to the carpool lane, the roads were slushy and it was snowing/raining still if I remember right and all of a sudden a semi-decided to cruise past us. He was in the carpool lane and through up a TON of slush onto the truck. Lance had to slam on his breaks because we couldn't see even with the wipers going at full speed. Where are the cops to pull somebody over when you need them to?! Anywho, it was tons of fun getting to spend time with some of our family! Abby was so funny around Ace. This is the first time she met him and she really enjoyed him from a distance but got a little worried when he started coming towards her. By the end of the week though she was use to him and enjoying him more and would pet him. We also had fun teaching her to "throw" the Frisbee for Ace and she learned how to tell him to "sit" and "wait" until she threw it. Ace got a little bored with the game of Abby throwing it after a while because it was more of a drop right in front of his face instead of a throw. :) My camera batteries were dead and so I have to wait for my family to send us pictures from the week (I stole the picture above from my SIL's blog). For my birthday we went swimming at the Rec Center there. They have a great pool with slides and climbing stuff for the kids. My favorite part was that the water was actually nice and warm! Since Lance's hand is still in his cast he got to sit on the side and watch. After I get some more pictures from the week I'll post those. It was pretty rainy most the time we were down there but that didn't stop Ace from loving running all over the red rocks and hills around my parents house. He turned into a red healer on his bottom side from all the dirt and mud he'd run through playing catch with Lance and my dad. :) One the way home we stopped to see Lance's brother and his family that are back the way for the holidays. I can't believe how big our little nephew Jaxson is getting! He's a cutie!! We definitely had an enjoyable Holiday.

Here's a picture of Ace's present. I took these pictures before we left and my camera died. I made him a new bed with some soft flannel on the top and corduroy on the bottom. When we first put it down for him he was a little cautious sniffing it out and wouldn't walk on it. After we assured him with some coaxing that the bed was for him and he could lay on he just fell in love. When we're at home he now spends a lot of his resting time on it.

This is just a side/underside view of the bed because my in-laws were wanting to see it.
3 comments:
Sounds like a fun trip. Happy Belated Birthday!!!!
Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday {belated}! Did your parents move to St. George or do they just have another house down there. Glad you had a good Christmas and I hope you have a Happy New Year!
I so need you to make my dog a new bed. It is awesome. I am glad that you were okay after the stupid driver in the semi went by. Glad you had a good holiday!
Post a Comment