
So I haven't posted updates in a while so I'm trying to get a few of the things we've been up to put on here. I mentioned we were going to Wyoming to help my MIL at her super Saturday (I taught a class on making bows and headbands). The class went pretty good, drove me crazy that each class didn't have an assigned time assigned to them, that's what I was always use to at my home ward in IF. So I just had to keep repeating myself and I felt like I was going around in circles. Lynn, my MIL, said they'd always done that in Gooding too and that she tried to do it last year but nobody followed it. They're just different in WY what can I say, a little too laid back sometimes I think! But we had fun visiting with family. Lance enjoyed cuddling with a couple of the nieces. Syd and Kelsie love their Uncle Lance! I had a feel good me moment at the expense of my MIL (sorry Lynn, but she doesn't read these anyways...) :) but Lynn was holding Sydnee and Syd reached out to me. Ohh! She's loves me! It made me happy that she really does know who I am! I haven't really ever been able to live in the same town as my nieces and nephews when they're little so I've never had one really recognize me and want me. But that will all change soon since Kandra and Brandon will be moving (tear, tear for me but good for them). Kandra will just have to make sure Syd sees lots of pictures of me and I'll come visit a lot! The weekend we went was the one of the huge snowstorm but luckily we made it through the pass the few hours that it was open. There was a lay that I worked with that got to the pass, just past Tremonton, earlier that morning and they had to wait for 4 hours. Definitely a lesson to keep stuff in your car for such times. We got there at about 2:00 and only waited 20 mins because they opened the pass about that time. I guess the ended up closing it again later that evening due to drifting. But it was clear and sunny when we went through. The other eventful thing on the drive home involved Ace. Since it was cold we had him in the back seat of the truck and he mostly just rested and tried to prop his head in between my seat and some pillows. However only a few miles from home he had another one of his weak stomach moments. Lance turned around and saw him starting to heave so I grabbed his bowel that was there and shoved it under his mouth and managed to catch most of the nasty gunk. Oh how it stunk!! Since we were almost home we kept driving.....I have never been so happy to get home before!! I guess there was a reason for him looking out the front window, he was carsick. Who ever heard of a carsick dog?! But if there is such a thing, Ace would definitely be it! Luckily that which I didn't manage to get in the bowel landed on blankets and pillows which are all washable. Yea for washing machines!! Needless to say Ace spent the next few hours outside, just in case.
5 comments:
I am dying of laughter thinkging of a car sick dog. He looks so sad!!
Poor Ace. Great catching skills to you though. I love that Sydnee wanted you over Grandma....I love it when that happens with my little kiddos. Grandparents don't seem to enjoy it too much though. I am glad the class went well...that stinks about the time thing though. I will have to remember that for the next Super Saturday I plan.
yuck!! Where are they moving too????
Hey there cuz! I saw your blog off of lori's. hope all is well with you guys. come check out our blog.
Sounds like the trip was fun.
Post a Comment