
Ace turned 1 on Oct 13th (or at least to the best of our memory that's when he was born so that's what we're sticking with) The first video of him eating is when he was only 7 weeks old, right after we got him. He was so stinkin cute! What happened to him?! :) There's also a picture of him with Lance to see how tiny he is as compared to now.
Yes, I realize I'm a dork and bought a birthday hat for him (if you can't tell it even has little puppy paws on it, I thought it was quite fitting). The main reason for getting it though was because I like to tease/annoy him and figured that putting something on his head would do just that. However he disappointed and didn't seem to mind to much even though he was pretty weary right after we put it on. Then he seemed to forget about it until Lance (being bored at Ace ignoring the hat) proceed to slide it down onto his mouth which at that point he produced the expected reaction and try to get it off.

So since we all seem to put a few reasons down why we love the person (in this case dog) on birthdays, anniversaries, etc. I figured I'd put a few of the silly things down that Ace does (and for those who have spent much time with him know he does A LOT of silly things) So for those who don't care about our dog, we're not offended, you can stop reading this now but Ace does do some pretty strange things.
1. As you can see to a SMALL degree in this next video Ace absolutely LOVES going to "work" with dad. He really doesn't do any work but just enjoys the part of getting to play and wrestle with the other dogs (a couple of whom happens to be his sister and dad). Even though he does pretty much just play at work, he's learned enough that he knows when concrete is wet and that he can't walk across it, pretty smart! Anywho, Ace is a mess in the morning when Lance is getting ready. He's so excited. He won't leave Lance's side, especially when he get's his boots on because he know the time to leave is close. Ace starts wagging his tail and whining so bad he gets so frantic about going. The few mornings he's left home with me he's not too happy and spend the day moping and pouting. Hence is why I think he follows Lance around so he doesn't get "left."
2. Ace smiles at me and not Lance. He misses me more! :) That is right our dog smiles. It's the first time I've ever had a dog who smiled but I guess one of the dogs Lance had growing up did it too. The first time Ace did it, he frankly creeped me out because it's well kind of freaky looking. I tried to get a video of Ace blaring his smiling teeth at me but it's kind of hard to get because the times when he smiles is when they get home from work and Ace is sooo excited to see me (about the only time he seems to prefer me to Lance, and this only last for a few minuets and then he's back to mostly sticking by Lance's side). If you're ever over remind me and we'll try and get him to smile. (I apologize a head of time for me super annoyingly high voice but Ace really likes it)
3. While some people find this next thing gross (mom), I think it's kind of cute. Since our bathroom is tiny and gets steamy pretty fast even with the fan on, we leave the door open when it's just us at home. When ever either of us take a shower Ace peaks in the back of the curtain to check where we are and then proceeds to sit down and wait for us. Most of the time the curtain liner ends up on top of his head as he's turning to sit. I call it his Maid Marian moments. This picture doesn't really justify it but as most of you know, Ace has abnormally large ears that stick straight up, like a bat. The curtain covering them always reminds me of Disney's Robin Hood and Maid Marian in particular since her abnormally large, stick straight up ears are also covered in a similar fashion. (Fox ears, bat ears, both big)

4. This next thing I got a video of but it didn't turn out so well since it was outside in the dark. Our dog is a little crazy/dorky sometimes. I swear he runs after imaginary cats! When we let him out at night, he without fail proceeds to run to the two front corners of our fence softly gruffing (it's the cutest "pretending he's tough" noise he does) at the cats that most of the time aren't there. I think this habit started since the cats are frequently in those locations and he likes to the check things out to make sure everything is safe and sound. Sometimes he does it in the morning or at dusk so I'll have to try and get another video because it hilarious. The only other hard thing about trying to get a video of it is about the time he turns to run for the other corner he spies us watching him and stops to look at us (like we're the ones doing something crazy!)
All in all Ace does some pretty funny things and definitely keeps us entertained. We're glad to have him (except when I'm not, I'll explain later)! He definitely has some great characteristics such as he absolutely LOVES kids and they love him which you can't train a dog to be this way. The only thing we (mostly me) hate about him is that he has the weakest stomach in the world (thanks a lot Red, his dad whom he gets it from). If he eats other dog food or who knows what else he pukes and it pretty much always turns out to be on my carpet. So if I ever catch you feeding him something that might make him sick, I'm bringing him over to your house! :) Luckily we've become pretty good at cleaning it up and finally have found a cleaning product that works great, to bad we didn't discover it early on in our house owning days. (Lance can't see the old spots but I can and it drives me crazy!) For those wondering the Resolve cleaning foam has worked great for us! So minus that last part he's a been a great dog and I really would miss him if something happened to him. Happy Birthday Acers!
2 comments:
Nature's miracle works great as well. Our Roxy is a puker too!
I can't believe how little Ace was. He was such a cute little puppy and he is a cute big puppy now. He's good dog!!
Post a Comment