November 10, 2010
Climber
So this first picture isn't of Carter climbing anything. Just my two cute boys on Halloween both wearing their orange. As you can see in the picture, Carter has discovered his nose has the perfect size hole for his finger to fit into. Oh great!
If Carter's car is close to the chair, couch or ottoman he has figured out that when he stands on it he's close enough that he can climb up. Carter was so proud of himself sitting in the big chair. He wasn't very happy when I made him get down once he started kicking Lance's book off though. Luckily for me he still hasn't quite figured out that he can push his car to his desired destination to use it to climb up and over things. He's only done it when his car is already in front of the chair or ottoman. I'm really hoping it's a while still until he figures that out. I still like being able to cage him in a bit when I have to shower or something.
He was having lots of fun one day climbing on this tote in his room and getting into all of his things.
Doesn't that just look like one happy boy? He loves when he does something new.
One of his favorite things to climb on is still his car. You will also note "Carter's phone" in his hand. I told myself I'd never let my kid play with our cell phones and I still kind of kept that promise to myself. He gets Lance's old phone that's dead. It was just getting too hard to have a conversation with anyone because any time we were on the phone he was crying and trying to maul us to get the phone. Where do kids learn this from?! Only problem the past few days is that we haven't been able to find where he left "his" phone, as well as one of his shoes..... he's good at hiding things!
He's discovered the steering wheel makes a great seat.
Climbing with his snugly, tongue sticking out.
He loves his dog and loves giving him hugs and loves and climbing on him. Ace doesn't love it too much but has gotten much better standing Carter. He use to just run as soon as the toddling tot started making his way towards him. Now he'll let Carter sit on him and hug him for a while until it gets too much for him and he decides to make his break a way. Every once in a while when Ace is laying down and Carter comes up and starts sitting on him, Ace will push him off with one of his paws. On a side note, Carter apparently thinks 5 month olds are similar to Ace because he also tries to sit on my friends baby whenever he's around her and she's on the floor.
Carter enjoys sitting on the baseboard heater in the living room (we keep this one off) and has also learned he can stand up on it to reach things better on the little table.
I know I have a little boy, who loves to climb, explore, and be daring. Every time he gets up on something he grins and grins, so proud of his achievement and I hold my breath, hoping he doesn't fall and hurt himself. I can tell he's ready for these toddler years and dad is excited he can do more things with him now but I'm not so sure I'm ready for what lies ahead! It's exciting to see the new things he learns to do but some days I really miss my little babe, who would do just what I wanted him to do. I didn't have to worry about him falling or breaking anything or getting into things he's not suppose to. But I know it doesn't do any good wishing because he is getting more and more his own self every day and there's nothing I can do about it. So I just keep praying and gritting my teeth that he'll be safe and that his falls will only be small ones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
It is so fun to hear how Carter is doing! This age is such a busy time. We are amazed at how busy Nathan is ALL day long. And we are busy keeping him safe! Good luck!
Fun pictures. It is great to see cute Carter:)
He is so cute! Good luck with the next stage...
I like the Halloween pic.
I don't want my kids to play with a cell phone either...Do you think a plastic toy one would work or are they too smart for that?
Holy Cow!! He is so big and sooo cute!! Gotta love it when they find the hole in their nose!
Post a Comment