5 years ago
January 25, 2010
A not so pleasant first
So this weekend hasn't been fun to say the least. Saturday morning Carter projectile puked all over me and the carpet. It just got better from there. Lance was at a scout camp and got back later that afternoon, only to find out his sore throat he'd had before he left was feeling tons worse and has continued to feel worse everyday. We think he may have strep throat but he has a doctors appointment later today. So Carter has never had projectile spit-up before so it freaked me out a little. He did not think it was too fun either with junk pouring out his mouth and nose. I felt so bad for him and he was so mad afterwards. After a while I got him settled and he fell asleep. However he did it again later that afternoon. So Saturday was spent with him puking twice and mostly sleeping. He was able to keep some food down but he didn't eat a ton like he usually does. He was fine the rest of the night, other than waking up every 2-4 hours through the night wanting to eat but I figured maybe he was feeling better and of course he'd feel hungry after puking during the day. Sunday morning I had really wanted to go to church since I hadn't been able to go to our ward in a long time between being out of town and working every other week. Carter had been fine through the night and was acting like his normal happy self so I decided I would go at least for the first hour. I didn't want to leave him home with Lance since Lance was feeling terrible and I didn't want him giving whatever he had to Carter, so I loaded Carter up, got the car warming up, and right as I was picking up his carseat I heard the dreaded noise and he started crying. So it wasn't projectile like the day before but sure enough he had spit-up coming out his nose and everything again. So much for my plan. So yesterday started all over again with him puking (3 times during the day) and then trying to settle him down after and him finally falling asleep. Sometimes he would eat and keep it down, others not so much. One of the times he even managed to puke on Ace a little, who was sleeping below the spot where Carter and I were sitting. Poor dog didn't know what hit him and we discovered later Carter got him better than we had thought because Ace had dry crusty all down his neck. Nice! So last night he went down to bed for good at 11pm and didn't wake up until after 6, a little better than the night before. He's been up out of bed since 9 and eating a couple times and so far so good. However, I'm not going to be able to go to work tonight since Lance is feeling stinky sick and we're still trying to keep Carter away from him as much as possible so that he doesn't catch what Lance has too. Hopefully the rest of the day goes well for Carter and that Lance gets better soon. Our poor little guy has had a rough past few weekends. Last weekend, to make the story short, he wouldn't go down well for Lance all weekend while I was working (had a case of a momma's boy or something) and cried a lot for his poor daddy. By Sunday he had the cutest (but sad) little hoarse voice. Still haven' figured out what his deal was last weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is so sad! I hated it whenever Kyler was sick when he was little... I didn't ever want to leave his side!! Hopefully they are both better!
So awful! Just know you weren't alone last weekend with sick kiddies!
Post a Comment