I found out one of my sweet grandma's passed away this morning. She recently turned 84 years old. She's been gone mentally most of the time for over a year now since she's had dementia/Alzheimer's (I can't remember if it was ever actually diagnosed as Alzheimer's). She was such a sweet and loving lady. The one picture is shortly after we were engaged (Dec 2005) and we stopped by to give grandma the good news. She was still with it then although having trouble remembering everything. She was so excited for us. She said we were such a sweet couple and that she could tell Lance was a special guy. I was so glad that she was able to make it to our wedding since she was having a harder time getting around. Our wedding was one of the last family things she was able to go to (I think she made it to a couple of my other cousins wedding's that year). I loved going to their house when I was little and spending time with her and grandpa. I remember baking pie crusts and cookies with her and helping set the tables for our big family Thanksgiving dinners. We loved playing dress-ups and I still remember my favorite yellow dress that I always liked to wear. Our special breakfast at their house was always buttermilk pancakes. Yummy! They still never taste as good as when grandma and grandpa made them. She loved to share stories and always managed to share her testimony at the same time. She's was such an example to me of a Christ like lady. In all her cards and letters to me and my siblings she always shared her love for us as well as for the gospel. I'm sure her letters to the rest of the family were also filled with the same sentiments. I could always see what a huge and important part of her life the gospel was. She had a quite and sweet way of encouraging us to do what was right and make good choices. She loved music and would often ask me to go down in her basement and play the piano for her. I admit I wasn't always thrilled to go do it and take time away from doing whatever it was I was doing, but she'd convince me to do it anyways. I remember sometimes wondering in my young mind why she wanted me to do it since I was sure she really couldn't hear that well and probably didn't even know wh
5 years ago

3 comments:
What a sweet post about a beautiful woman! I am sorry to hear that you have lost your her but how awesome that she gets to be with her sweet heart again!
What a beautiful tribute to your Grandma! It sounds like she was an amazing woman. It's always sad to say goodbye for awhile, but oh, the peace that comes from knowing we'll be able to see and be with our loved ones again! Thank you for sharing this with us! We love you two so much!!
All I can say is that I hope that I can get that kind of amazing and beautiful tribute when I die! Thank you Bekah. You guys amaze me!! Love you both!! and Ace!!
Post a Comment