September 14, 2010

One Year Old Birthday

For Carter's actual Birthday, it was a typical but fun day for us. Lance was working and had class that evening so it was mostly Carter and I all day. We did some of his favorite things for his big day. We went on a walk. We played at the park on the swings and playground equipment. Carter had fun climbing in boxes and playing with toys. He of course spent a lot of the day pushing his car. Watch out! Crazy driver coming through! He also had fun dropping things over the baby gate and then reaching down to pick them up and do it again. What fun! We also played with his ball. I forgot to get his one little present I had saved for his actual birthday out, so we got it out the next day. He had fun playing with his new stack and nestling blocks. For dinner that night I made cheese ravioli which is one of his favorite things to eat. He will eat about 8 of them in one sitting, more than I eat. He also was a good boy and ate a couple spoon fulls of corn. For our cake that night he had fun with the apple juice jello cake I made him. He actually ate a lot of it once we showed him it was food since at first he was just poking it and couldn't grab it and looking at it with a look of confusion. I discovered after I had picked him up that he had managed to get some of the jello behind him in his chair and made a big mess down his back. So we also got a bath for our birthday. Carter likes playing with his toys in the bath. He has trouble remembering he needs to stay sitting down but is good about sitting back down when I tell him he needs to sit in the bathtub. I usually just have to keep reminding him though. After our bath he played for a little while longer and then we finished out with our usual nightly ritual or nursing, singing songs, brushing our teeth, and reading some stories. It was a busy fun filled day for our one year old Carter. We love him so much!

0 comments: