5 years ago
August 5, 2010
Too smart
I wanted to write down this funny story before I forget about it. A few weeks ago I was packing all Carter's outgrown clothes into big totes to get ready for storage. About the time I had the tote filled to the top Carter thought it looked like fun to pull the clothes out to play with. Well I didn't think it would be as fun so as he'd grab one, I'd take it back from him and say "no" while shaking my head, fold it back up and set it back in place. He'd start whining and occasionally kind of stomp one of his feet (yes, he apparently has already learned the art of tantrums). After a few rounds of this I decided to just keep my hands over the clothes so he couldn't pull them out. He really didn't like this new tactic and whined and pouted some more. After a few seconds he stopped looked up at me, looked at my hands and proceeded to gently reach down, picked up one of my hands, and moved it over to the side. With this accomplished he tried grabbing the clothes again. I admit I had to smile at how his little minded figured out a solution to his problem. So many times I think he is way too smart for his own good. In ending to this story, the lid went on the tote, and we went and found something else to play with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
:)
Post a Comment