January 29, 2009

I know I've beaten this topic to death but there's more...

So I was checking my yahoo email account that I don't use as much anymore and found a email from about 10days ago from none other than Costco Photo Center. My first thought was, "what now?!" For those who remember my post back in December it was regarding this. All their email said was that "We are sorry inform you that the refund request for the shipping for order #ya-de-da has been denied" and then had my shipping and delivery info. Here's a little update as to what happened since my first venting post, I called again and the calendars were getting ready to ship ya-de-da and the girl said they'd refund my shipping costs since my order took so long. Thought that was the end of it all, got my stuff on Dec 24th (but I was out of town already). Anywho, I felt like shring my reply email to this guy because this email frustrated me soooo much! Denied refund?! The girls made it sound like it was a done deal, no problem. So for your enjoyment (or maybe not) here's my email... To whom it may concern- Just wondering why I'm not getting the refund of my shipping costs like I was told I would? I understand that December is a busy month but to be told online that my order would be processed in 2-3 days and then I paid for 2 day shipping and not get my order until 14 days after I ordered is ridiculous and unacceptable. I was almost more disappointed in the service I received from your staff when I called a couple of times to check on my order status. Both times I had to wait for half an hour before anyone answered my call. The first time I was told quite rudely by Nick that their was nothing they could do for me. A simple apology would have been nice!! I understand the man I was talking to had nothing personally to do with my order taking so long but he does work for the company and could have at least implied some sort of sympathy and apologized for it taking so long. Instead he seemed like he was just wanting to get off the phone with me. I was told that first time that since orders were taking so long my shipping would be increased free of charge to the next highest shipping rate from what I paid for. I called back a few days later and learned my order was done and getting ready to ship but that it was still getting shipped at the 2 days rate which is what I had originally paid for. I did receive an apology that the shipping rate had no gone up to the next fastest like I was promised and for that reason they said I would get my shipping costs refunded. My question now is why is the refund getting denied? It seemed like on the phone it was done deal, no problem to get my shipping refunded. Thus I was a very surprised by this email. I am very disappointed in the service I've received during this whole event! It seems like every promise that was made to me was broken and as always, "nothing could be done about it." This is the first photo calendar I have made for my family and I was planning on doing it every year for Christmas from now on. However I will be looking next year for a different company to order it through. I will never be ordering one again from your company due to the awful costumer service I received and the fact that it took so much longer than promised to receive my purchase. On a side note, somebody really needs to look at changing the songs that play while waiting for customer service. To wait half an hour for a person to pick up is annoying in it self but to have a song that plays with the lyrics, "How long can I wait" is just too ironic and irritated me even more in an already frustrating situation (that song played both times when I called in). So if any of you have experience with photo calendars I'll be looking for a different company for next year so let me know if you know a good one!

4 comments:

♥ kimberly said...

ooooh. How frustrating! I've worked in customer service before and know that an apology can go a long way. My sister did photo calendars and they turned out great. I'll have to ask her who she went through for them. I hope you hear back from them at least!

Developed Memories Photography said...

hey i haven't ever used them personally but i hear that snapfish is good. www.snapfish.com

Tammy said...

I can't beleive you didn't get the refund! My sister in law used Walmart and said they turned out great!

The Cook Clan said...

Wow, that is crazy! Good luck. I always use Walgreens.